Thursday, May 8, 2008

yesterday was an interesting day, a bit of a challenge as I went to the green market ( more on that in a moment)

got up nice and early,

had a wonderful conference call with all of the women doing this weeks cleanse - I am so proud of them they are really doing OUTSTANDING things - everything from going cold turkey on 3 cup a day coffee habits to totally revamping their closets - I was so inspired! way to go ladies!!!

after the call I packed a lunch and met a friend in Union Square for a picnic lunch - quinoa with onions , kale , steamed carrots with lemon- ginger tahini sauce and sardines- after lunch we perused the green market and I will admit to being seduced by the chilled homemade apple cider - okay , it is a local and in season fruit so I went with it and shared it with my buddy, DELICIOUS!!!

and that would have been enough but we picked up some dried apples and I had those as well , cut to 30 minutes later and MAN major headache! I had not had anything that sweet for about 5 days ... so not horrible,

had an hour long massage and that was pretty nourishing.

today was an EARLY day , went for a run in the rain and thought to myself "who is this person running in the rain?" but It felt really good and cleansing - I thought as I ran about the symbolism of rain in the movies , literature ,and music as something that "washes things away" I thought of that the Madonna song "Rain" "wash away my sorrow , take away my pain, your love's coming down like rain" not sure what it is but I felt so AMAZING after that run...

now I am up in Albany with my boyfriend and let me tell you when you leave Manhattan it is frightening what they call food - we were pleasantly surprised to find an excellent seafood restaurant - I have managed to stay within my cleanse guidelines ordering fish and vegetables - it was tough not to order a glass of wine and pass on the desserts that people enjoyed all around us , but back at the hotel we were able to get some herbal tea and fresh fruit.

off to bed soon.

many xoxo's,
-Donna

No comments: